5 Star Holiday Accommodation in North Queensferry, Fife, Scotland
Located in a pretty seaside village and with magnificent sea views towards the Firth of Forth, this luxurious property boasts space and style in abundance and is close to an array of fantastic destinations.
This property is located in the pretty seaside village of North Queensferry with restaurants, pub, cafe shop and train station. From here you can travel over the fantastic Forth Railway Bridge to an array of destinations, including a short trip to the elegant city of Edinburgh, with its wonderful attractions, leisure facilities, shopping and world-famous festivals. The property benefits from magnificent sea views over the Firth of Forth and is located directly on the Fife Coastal Path – perfect for walkers and bikers to explore. Also within walking distance, is the fantastic Deep-Sea World with an exciting range of sealife from sharks, seals, and piranhas to stingrays, exotic fish and amphibians. This is a great day out for all the family to enjoy.
Stepping inside this fantastic property, you will find yourself in the hall – an ideal place to store all your outdoor clothing. Continue through to the light and bright stylish open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner. Relax in the comfortable lounge and enjoy a great movie together on the Smart TV with BT Vision (entertainment package), surround sound and a Bluetooth speaker. There are also large bi-fold doors that lead directly out to the enclosed garden with seating areas and wonderful sea views over St David’s Bay and the Firth of Forth. Next, is the lovely comfortable dining area with wood burner, ideal for cosy nights in. The bespoke kitchen is the perfect place to cook up a storm with an electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, coffee machine, dishwasher and washing machine. There is also a breakfast bar area – an ideal spot to enjoy your morning coffee and to admire the lovely sea views. Continuing back through the hall, you will find a delightful single bedroom with Smart TV and ample storage space. Completing the ground floor is the spacious and stylish shower room with a large shower and WC. Heading up the stairs, you will find two beautiful, large king-size bedrooms with a Smart TV and fantastic views of the sea and the Forth Railway Bridge. Next is the bunk bedroom with a Smart TV and ample storage space. Finally completing this amazing property, is the luxurious spacious bathroom with a lovely free-standing bath, large separate shower and WC.
Venturing outside, you’ll discover the fully enclosed garden with seating area and BBQ area (suitable for disposable BBQ’s only), which is ideal for al fresco dining and lazy evenings stargazing. There is also an additional seating area at the bottom of the garden with splendid sea views towards St David’s Bays and the Firth of Forth. Roadside parking is subject to availability.
At A Glance
- Luxurious, stylish house with amazing views towards the iconic Forth Railway Bridge
- Enjoy the magnificent sea views over the splendid St Davids Bay and the Firth of Forth
- Located on the Fife Coastal Path and within a short walk of Deep Sea World
- Property is suitable for families and couples only
- 4 bedrooms – 2 king-size, 1 bunk bedroom and 1 single
- 1 bathroom with bath, separate shower and WC and 1 shower room with shower and WC
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine and washing machine
- Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
- Roadside parking, subject to availability
- Beach, shop, pub and restaurants within walking distance
- Smart TV with BT Vision entertainment package, surround sound and Bluetooth speaker in the lounge and Smart TVs in all bedrooms
- USB points in all bedrooms and in living area
- Enclosed garden with seating areas
- Travel cot and highchair available on request
- Strictly no pets are allowed in the property which includes visitors with pets
- Please note that the property is suitable for 5 adults and 2 children maximum
- Please note that the bunk bed is suitable for children aged 6-14 only.
- Please note that there are ongoing works on the Forth Bridge during the day and there will be some noise
- Group Bookings – these may need to be checked with the owner first before confirming
- Arrival: 16:00 onwards
- Departure: before 10:00, unless otherwise stated in your arrival details
The local village of North Queensferry is extremely popular in the local area and it benefits from:
- a coffee shop
- local hotel with bar and restaurant (DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh – Queensferry Crossing)
- an award-winning local restaurant
- a small convenience newsagent
- 2 local play parks
- access to 5 small rustic beaches
Local Attractions & The Area
- The cottage is located beside the UNISCO heritage Forth Rail Bridge
- The village hosts the world’s smallest lighthouse
- The Firth of Forth has been busy lately with many different mammals including Dolphins and Sei whales – there are always seals to spot – remember your binoculars
- Want to see the Kelpies and the Falkirk Canal Wheel? Only 40 minutes in a car and you are there – both are well worth a visit.
- If you are a fan of the Outlander TV series, you can visit some local sites where Outlander was filmed: Aberdour Castle, the fictional Lallybroch at Midhope in the Hopetoun Estate, Doune Castle, the village of Falkland, Linlithgow palace, Blackness Castle, the village of Culross – all are an easy drive away and some within just 10-15 minutes
- Look out over the Firth of Forth to some very old historical islands, including Inchcolm Island where you can book local boat tours to visit from South Queensferry.
- Within 20 minutes of Edinburgh Airport
- Many golf courses are within easy driving distance
- Want to be in the hustle of Edinburgh but be able to retreat to a calm cosy quiet village? We are not more than 30 minutes drive or 20 minutes train ride from Edinburgh city centre
All reviews are from guests who have stayed at the property
This cottage is honestly beautiful, its spacious and so clean and tidy. Me and my family had an amazing week there, the views from the bedrooms upstairs are gorgeous and the view from the garden is just as nice. With Edinburgh not far away and even an sealife attraction on the doorstep, there’s so much to do but it’s also a lovely place to stay for fun nights in to. This would be a winning choice for an extremely fun and beautiful holiday.
Beautiful cottage and right round the corner from deep sea world. Stunning views from the garden over the firth of forth. Brilliant amenities throughout. Comfortable bed. Clean throughout. Bath was AMAZING – want it in my own house. Great supply of travel cot and high chair which was a big help when coming with a baby and the amount of stuff we had to bring for her. Would love to come back in the summer months to use the BBQ and get full use of the garden.
Cottage is stunning and the location beautiful. Easy to get into Edinburgh by train or bus. No local pub open if you wanted to stay local for the evening but we enjoyed spending the evening in the cottage after a long day out. We loved everything about the cottage and the view from the lovely garden was amazing.
Absolutely Beautiful cottage, very well presented with lovely garden and views to the rear. Could not fault it. A little far out if planning to spend majority of your holiday in Edinburgh itself.
Lovely cottage designed to a very high standard with great space for relaxing, dinning and an amazing garden! Everything you need is supplied and would highly recommend trying it out!
Wow! What an amazing place. The standards are very high indeed. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great location too. Well done to the owners, they have real style and very exacting standards also.
Fantastic holiday home, excellent location with fabulous restaurant and cafe within walking distance and beautiful views. The perfect location for a family holiday. This beautiful holiday home is thoughtfully set up with everything you need! Will definitely stay here again!
Beautiful house, great location for day trips along the coast. Perfect for anyone who wants direct access to the sea for paddleboards and canoes. Would definitely consider returning to stay here.
A beautifully finished cottage in a very interesting location with plenty of things to do in the local area. Friendly and helpful owner and neighbours ensured an excellent weeks holiday for six adults and a toddler.
Highly recommend this beautiful cottage
An amazing holiday cottage with a beautiful designed interior set in a fantastic location. Highly recommend.
Make an equiry
Let us know what dates you’d like to book and we’ll get right back to you